Friday, June 6, 2008

CHOMP!NG AT THE BIT: 999 = 666

Let me first preface, I am not a superstitious man but the title seemed clever, as my final hand (trip nines) led to my departure from WSOP event #9.

The cards never really came my way. When I finally made a hand (trip nines), I was busted by an opponent's full house. Overall, I think I played well (perhaps too timid in a few spots but with no cards and the other players running hot, sometimes you just have to bide your time).

Notable players that I outlasted (I mention their names not to compare myself to them in skill/accomplishment but to show how volatile this event proved to be).

Hoyt Corkins
Andy Black
Jeff Lisandro
Erick Lindgren
Joe Sebok

So, what's next? The series is a marathon not a sprint (physically/emotionally/financially). To consistently succeed, one must be patience, exercise good judgment, and be financially responsible. Over the next few days, I will adapt my bankroll management and find the best games/tournaments with the greatest equity (buy-in/starting chip stack/blinds/antes/time levels/etc.) Stay tuned...

Chomp! ~Sammy "The Dentist"

1 Comments:

Blogger onyx (Nana) said...

Sprint or marathon I hope you're the first to cross the line.
All the best keep us updated

June 6, 2008 at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Website Designed by Mark Ledbetter © 2008