Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CHOMP!NG AT THE BIT: End of the Year

Today is December 2, 2008. At the beginning of this year, I incorporated the following philosophy into my decision-making process and day-to-day tasks: to act as if this was my last year on Earth.

I did not go on wild, meaningless shopping sprees or take on daredevil expeditions. Instead, I focused on some basics.
  • Be present
  • Help others
  • Follow my bliss
  • Embrace my fears
As the year comes to an end, it is time to reflect. (Don't worry, I won't bore you with a laundry list.)

All in all,  I am pleased with being more proactive and less complacent in all areas of my life. However, I have not been as consistent in my approach as I had hoped.

Conclusion: I am on the right path and have more work to do.

Chomp! ~Sammy "The Dentist"

2 Comments:

Blogger onyx (Nana) said...

WOW! I'm impressed and sooo glad you're my friend. I have to get your focus for 2009. It seems to have worked for you.... next stop "White House" 2017. by the way I'm in ATL now

December 3, 2008 at 2:20 AM  
Blogger Sammy "The Dentist" said...

The feeling is mutual, my friend. Have a great time in ATL! See you soon.

December 3, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Website Designed by Mark Ledbetter © 2008