Sunday, July 27, 2008

CHOMP!NG AT THE BIT: I Cannot Begin...

...to quantify or explain the level of stress I experienced (personal and professional) over the past few weeks. In order to make the necessary decisions/compromises/sacrifices, I applied an approach I use at the poker table: compartmentalization.

There is a difference between being in the moment and being lost in the moment. When emotion gets the best of us, it is easier to make a mistake. We may not even be aware that our judgment is clouded; clarity and perspective are needed to weather the storm. Well, I have battled the pounding seas, endured the uncertainty, and reached the calm, peaceful waters.

While it was not easy or enjoyable, I am stronger for it. Lessons learned. Moving on.

So, what's next? Many changes are on the horizon for me: new work responsibilities, business opportunities, extensive travel, and somewhere in there time to continue writing and/or the occasional catnap.

In the coming days, I will finalize my upcoming poker itinerary and complete several writing projects. It's good to be back.

Chomp! ~Sammy "The Dentist"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Website Designed by Mark Ledbetter © 2008