Friday, November 28, 2008

CHOMP!NG AT THE BIT: Dinner Break

The teeth are insatiable and did not want to go on dinner break. That was not the case about three hours ago.

I went card dead and fell to about T$7,000. The good news is that this tournament has an excellent structure, so I still had about 25 big blinds. Definitely enough space to still play solid poker. As others were shipping there (still adequate) stacks into the center of the table (and exiting the tourney), I was reminded of the word of the day: patience.

I took my time, value betting my way into my comfort zone. Then the cards started teasing the teeth. Not to be outdone, the teeth flirted back and (to be blunt) the earth moved and they were spectacular. Yowza! The timing was perfect. However, I did miss/lose a bet or two in misreading my opponents.

The last hand before the break was one such hand. I read my opponent as stronger than he actually was and mistakenly overplayed the nuts (thinking he could call or would reraise).

Long story short, I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first: my lunch (salad with grilled chicken and hard-boiled eggs) is very talkative. While it is not agreeing with my stomach, it IS agreeing with the porcelain throne. [Too much information alert: luckily, I made it back to my room in time. Phew!]

Good news: I won the last pot before the break to increase my stack to approximately T$70,000 (average stack is ~T$30,000). Unfortunately, the hand took so long to complete, I did not have time to get an accurate count before they kicked us out of the room for the dealers to go on break.

All in all, things are going well: the teeth are still motivated to chomp, chomp, chomp, and my plumbing is working like a WHISTLE!

Gurgle, gurgle, chomp!

~Sammy "The Dentist"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Website Designed by Mark Ledbetter © 2008