Monday, June 9, 2008

CHOMP!NG AT THE BIT: What Will Today Bring?

Yesterday, I took my advice (re: healthy life-diet).

Nowadays, most people take life-diet to mean a food diet for a healthy life (usually spelled as, life diet). When I refer to life-diet (hyphenated), I mean precisely that...your life's diet. Not some fad or food craze but a well-balanced life. Joy to go with the struggle. Reflection to go with the pain. Improvement to negate complacency.

Adventure.
Discovery.
Challenge.

It is far too easy for me to get sucked into a black hole and become burned out. A lesson that took me far too long to learn. Let's call it, a misapplied work ethic. Once I commit to a project, I am dedicated, focused, and rarely come up for air. Do that long enough and you will drown.

Now, I work smarter not harder.

A few (of many) highlights from yesterday:
-Fun in the sun
-Blissful meditation
-Lots of laughter
-An infinite loop on the tram system (woo hoo, one more time!)
-Shark reef aquarium (at Mandalay Bay)
-Good night's sleep (by the way, my new "do not disturb" sign has yet to disappear) :-)

Chomp! ~Sammy "The Dentist"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Website Designed by Mark Ledbetter © 2008